[at-l] Re: Weighing gear

For tents, packs, sleeping bags, cookgear, boots, and a few other items,
the manufacturer usually supplies that info OR you can obtain a gear
catalog from REI (http://www.rei.com) and their product descriptions give
weights for EVERYTHING.

The Lord Bless and Keep You!

Gene Cochran
archangel@weblnk.net
http://archangel.home.ml.org/
   <IXOYE><

----------
: From: Linda Patton <lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu>
: To: at-l@saffron.hack.net; atml@trailplace.com;
backpack-l@switchback.com; lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu
: Subject: Weighing gear
: Date: Saturday, January 25, 1997 2:58 PM
:
: > > For those who want to know the "real" weight of some of your
: > > equipment, I''ll drag a couple scales (2# and 20#) along.  If you
: > > want to weigh your whole pack I think the ATC has a scale.
: > This message is from the Appalachian Trail Mailing List
[AT-L]
:
: Standard warning: please forgive cross-postings.
: Standard warning #2: please forgive if this has been discussed before I
: got on these lists.
:
: Where do people find a scale to weigh gear items?  I just have a postal
: scale (probably not perfectly accurate) and a bathroom scale (accuracy
: questionable).  So, how do I tell the weight of my tent, backpack, water
: purifier, etc. to the pound and ounce.  I'm sure the scales at the U.S.
: Post Office would do it, but I can't imagine they would let me do such a
: thing since I don't intend to then mail the items  :-)
:
: Must I *buy* a 20# scale for personal use?  I can't believe that this is
: what everyone does.  So what _do_ y'all do?
:
: --  "Earthworm"
:
:

: *
 *
: *  Linda L. Patton                  "Nearness to nature...keeps the
 *
: *  Reference Librarian               spirit sensitive to impressions
 *
: *  Strozier Library                  not commonly felt, and in touch
 *
: *  Florida State University          with the unseen powers."
 *
: *  Tallahassee, FL 32306-2047             --Ohiyesa
 *
: *                                           The Soul of the Indian
 *
: *  Phone: (904) 644-5019                    1911
 *
: *  E-Mail: lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu
 *
: *
 *
: *                ...the siren call of the wilderness...
 *
: