RE: [at-l] Pocketknives

>I carry a swiss army knife with two blades, a can opener, bottle opener,
>scissors, and cork screw.

Good choice!  :-)  That's what I used to carry (and still might on an
extended trip where I thought I might need a longer blade).  But after
keeping track of what I really used the knife for, I found out that my
primary use was the little scissors and next was the shorter knife blade.

>If I were to buy one just for hiking, I'd get the smallest one I could find
>with a blade and scissors.

So now I carry the little tiny Swiss Army knife that, as someone said, many
men (and my teenage daughter) carry on their keychains.  Excellent tool -
neither too much nor too little.

Karen

Karen Elder
Aikido Kokikai Albuquerque