[at-l] Propane, should I switch?

I *was* planning to take my propane portable stove on my AT trip in March.
I heard from someone that the coleman propane cylinders are expensive along
the trail.  I love propane because it requires no priming, it simmers
amazingly and never need clean/repairing.
However, there is the sideffect of weight.  I am just wondering If I should
keep the propane stove, and buy cylinder$ along the trail, or mail drop, or
just by a new stove all together (MSR whisperlite shaker stove??).  Please
help me....

Mike MacLean
BackRest
ATer Mar 97
Hope to hike into you...not that hard though
Zoology Undergraduate