Re: [at-l] Water Filters the PURfect choice...

Michael MacLean wrote:
> The guide book recommends that each
> filter should be replaced after every use at the end of a trip.  This is
> not too bad as the filters are a minimal cost.  I was wondering if this is
> the same for filters such as Hiker and Explorer.  Do you have to throw out
> the $40 filters after every trip, or can you reuse on the next trip.  And
> if so, how long can you let the filter sit without it "going bad" before
> reusing it.

I think they are referring to the filter CARTRIDGE that goes inside the
filter. They are good for 100 gallons, more or less depending on the
model you use. They also cost $10 to $20 a pop depending on what filter
you are using.

If you are going on a weekend or weeklong trip, I don't think it makes
any sense to throw out the cartridge unless there is damage to it or it
is old. Seems like a waste of money to get a new one *every* time you go
on a new trip. They technically should last long enough for a few trips.

--
        *   *   Diana ^(raven)^ * raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu  *   *
                     http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven