Food! :)

Here's another one that I found that would be pretty easy to adapt to the
Trail as long as you don't mind all the ingredients....enjoy! - Cindi

Chicken Tabbouleh

1c bulgur                                           3c hot water
1-1/2 - 2# chicken pieces               1tsp salt, divided
1/4tsp pepper                                   2tsp olive oil
1tsp butter                                          1-2c fresh parsley or
less dry
1/4c finely chopped onion               1/2c olive oil
7tbsp lemon juice                             1/4tsp garlic powder

Soak bulgur wheat in hot water 30 min.  Sprinkle chicken (reconstituted if
dry) with 1/2tsp salt and 1/8tsp pepper.  Heat 2tsp oil and butter in
skillet over medium heat.  Add chicken and cook (3-5 min.).  Set aside.
Drain bulgur, transfer to pot.  Add chicken, parsley (minced if fresh - yeah
right, fresh parsley on the trail? ;) ), lemon juice, onion, 1/2c oil,
remaining salt & pepper and garlic powder.  Toss well.  The recipe said to
cover and refrigerate for one hour, but I guess this is only for if you're
at a hostel or if they suddenly start furnishing the shelters with fridges!
<BG>  Makes 4 servings.