One last time from me

Well,my first Gathering is over. Wonderful time. I neglected to mention Mike
Henderson earlier (sorry Mike). Mike did a slide show on his AT hike and he
brought the house down. The applause from his fellow thru-hikers was long,
loud, and appreciative; very poignant moment for Mike. The slides and music
really captured the essence of the trail and a thru-hike. Plus, Mike's a
really great guy.

Tonight, the finale consisted of slide shows by Cindy Ross and Warren Doyle.
Cindy's show was about her family's hike with llamas on the CDT.
Breathtaking scenery. Her songs fit the slides perfectly, and her commentary
was humorous as well as educational in the vein of hiking with children.
They encountered some tough weather on their hike and her kids were up to
the task. They are hiking the CDT in sections. Her show ended with a Native
American song with alternating slides showing pioneers and Native Americans
travelling in the wilderness. These slides would then dissolve or fade into
pictures of her family travelling the wilderness on the PCT. Very
touching.You have to see it.

Finally, Warren Doyle presented his slide show showing his expeditions on
the AT. Again, good music accompanied the slides and Warren also sang
several songs that they sung on the expeditions. Warren talked about his
philosophy of the trail using quotes of Walt Whitman and Thoreau. Again, a
wonderful presentation. Warren is quite a fellow. I'll let others go into
more detail, if they want, but wanted to let the list know what a warm group
this is. Highly recommend you attend one of these if you get the chance.

Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com

PS- Trail AT was there with his son and is a big Yankees fan.

PSS- Jim and Ginny Owen are really cool people! (But you knew that)