Re: [AT-L] Grayson Highlands Directions/Kelty Pack (fwd)

Herbert Davis wrote:

> [...]

Take the new I40 at Winston Salem (so you can run 65+), and pick up US
421 where it splits off of 40 (exit sign says Yadkinville).  We run 421
all the way up to Deep Gap, and run 221 to West Jefferson, then 16 to
Mouth of Wilson, Va, 16/58 to Volney, 58 to Grayson Highlands SP.  This
takes about 4 hours from Sanford, if you hustle.

You can take 21 out of Elkin, but that is a kinda winding road in
places, and we have found that 421/221/16/58 is faster overall,
especially travelling at night.

I surprised this week to see that US 52 from Winston to Mt. Airy has
been changed to 65mph, so next trip I may try that, then US 58 thru
Galax and Independence to Volney and GHSP.

DP...