NOLS

I have checked into taking a NOLS course but was scared off by the price.
I have taken an Outward Bound course and the general thought of the difference
between these two is that Outward Bound focuses more on personal growth
and feelings, whereas NOLS focuses more on technical skills. personallly
I think I'll try and save my money for a thru hike.  I got a scholarship
for the Outward Bound course, but am still paying on credit card bills that
I used to buy gear and clothing, airfare etc.

Jenny