First Aid/CPR course

Well, I finished the course and boy, what an awareness rush. All of a
sudden I'm looking around thinking, "Any minute someone around me is
going to choke on something or, pass out."

I'm glad I took it. It was a grueling three nights but well worth it.
This all started from reading about first aid, etc. in my outdoors and
hiking books.

The instructor asked everyone to bring a normal item from their house
they thought they could use as a splint. I took a big wooden spoon from
the kitchen but one person brought a 5' long metal pole! Pretty funny. I
could see using that for a splint outdoors as that thunderstorm rolls in
over the hill :-)

Thanks for letting me share this with you.

 -Uncle Milt