Re: [AT-L] Re:Walking Sticks vs Ski Poles

>The only downside for me, was that the somewhat sticky handles wore on my
>hands a little (not nearly enough to blister, but enough to make me think they
>might if I used them enough days in a row) I'm not sure what material to wrap
>around them yet, if any.

You should also make sure to loosen your fingers on the grips frequently
throughout the day if you are going to thru-hike.  Often, I would forget
this (as did my wife) and after our thru-hike, it took almost 3 months
before our fingers would stop cramping. When I opened my hand, not all the
fingers would move - after a couple of seconds, they would finally pop open.
Wierd - must be like carpel tunnel syndrome - fortunately it finally went
away.  Wonder if anyone else had this problem?

Mark and Janet Holmes
Full Moon and Celestial Spirit (Ga-Me '95)
Fox Hill Inn - Innkeepers
VA 16
Troutdale,VA  ( 4 miles from Dickey Gap on the AT)
AT Hiker stopping point in the Grayson Highlands!
540-677-3313 or 1-800-874-3313 (for reservations)
email - mholmes@netva.com