[AT-L] Snakes, et.al.

> I have seen a gartersnake in Omaha in January on a day that was about 40ish.
>  I couldn't believe it!

The simple fact that the snake was in Omaha proves my theory of their
lack of intelligence.:-)  Speaking of no intelligence and the camera
controversy, I have this story to tell: I carried my camera on three
seperate trips. 180 miles. Incredible views from Albert Mtn firetower,
the most beautiful sunset I've seen on the trail at Thomas Knob, etc. I
expose #36 and go to rewind the film, but it was not to be. You see,
there was no film there. I'm not sure if my film-less camera offended
anyone or not, but had they been there when I opened the camera, quite
another story. <G>

About the snakes, for some reason when I get into my sleeping bag I
become scared to death that a snke is going to crawl in through the
night. I've even woke up screaming.(woke up?) Fortunately I do my hiking
from Sept-Feb.

Felix