Re: [AT-L] Clothing Advice-Oct. hike in WV

Stormy wrote:
> and will be buying Gore-Tex raingear. Other than
> that, we're undecided. Of course, we know not to bring loads of cotton
> clothes, esp. jeans, and also are familiar with the layering system.
>

> Stormy

Personally, I never use raingear other than a pack cover. I keep my
clothes inside in a plastic bag. If what I'm wearing gets wet, I wear it
until the shelter or tent, then put on dry. The next morning I put the
wets back on, no matter how uncomfortable that may be. If it is a dry
day, however, I'll hang my wets on my pack and hope they dry. I never
take jeans anymore, either. Its two pairs of polypropolene long johns and
two pairs of hiking shorts. I've used this in 15 degree temps and was
fairly comfortable.(As much as you can be in 15 degree temps.)

Felix