Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Mountain bikes on the AT

----------
> From: Diana <raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu>
> To: jamessmith@STC.Net
> Subject: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Mountain bikes on the AT
> Date: Thursday, August 29, 1996 7:50 PM
>
> Howdy-
>
> >Anybody know of an effective way to discourage this without escalating
it
> >into a bigger problem?
>
> mmm. how about those spikes that they have at parking lots - the ones
that
> say "do not enter - extreme tire damage". :)
>
> that and making it punishable with a fine to mountian bike on
> non-designated trails.

Get a few mountain folks for $50(like where I live in northeast Georgia) to
reenact a scene from Deliverance .  Hehehe  Like Jeff Foxworthy said, if
you think they would go for Ned Beatty, they sure as heck would go for a
man wearing bicycle shorts. <G>

J. Courtney Smith
jamessmith@stc.net