Re: [AT-L] Re: Why No Dogs in GSMNP

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996 MManzano@aol.com wrote:

>I'd vote for modifying it, but, not repeal
>
> ... Many people don't
> like dogs; many are afraid of dogs, even friendly ones; and I would bet
> that the wildlife are afraid of dogs

If you asked my hiking-partner, and soul-mate, all dogs should banned
from the trail. Wait, don't yell at me about this. She's just seriously
afraid of them due to an attack when she was younger. She'd rather tackle
a bear than face a plain old friendly dog.

But, yes, many people are afraid of them, especially when not on leashes.

As for me, as long as they have good manners, it's OK.

Milt