Re: [AT-L] Trail Names and the Web project

In a message dated 96-08-28 16:31:43 EDT, NEWMAN@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU (John
Newman) writes:

<<  I fail to see the need for
 such a project.  Most people that I know who happen to have a trail name
 (either self-imposed or attributed by someone else) don't really care that
 there are others with the same name.  If fact some have indicated that they
are
 pleased that others chose the same name as they.  I certainly wouldn't be
 offended should someone decide to use mine. >>

I have to admit, I for one, had not put any deep thought into this.  After
reading your deep thoughts on it, I have decided you are right, John.  I
really don't see the need for such a project.  I also would not be offended
if someone else took my name (and I know there are other "Flatlanders" out
there, hence "Illinois" Flatlander ). I suppose it would be a little unhandy
if there were two of the same name on the trail in the same year however, but
I am sure that would be ironed out by adding something to one of the names.
 Nah, we don't really need this.  We do need to lighten up!

Alice
IL Fltlndr@aol.com