Re: Dog problem near Laurel Falls and Morland

I have hiked that portion of the trail, but not this spring.  I went
through in December and did not have any problems..

Also at Hampton, TN which is the town you get to by following the blue
blaze trail instead of hiking over Pond Mountain.  The store is called
Brown's Grocery and Hardware, and in addition Mr. Brown has a place where
hikers can spend the night and clean up.

I will be up there in mid may and I will check out the dog problem and
post more information.  I have been attacked by dogs about 10 miles south
of Moreland Shelter, but I had both red pepper spray and a gun with me
and was able to take care of the problem.

Ernie Patterson
Biology Department
230 Wilson Hall CB#3280
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280