Re: AT extentions: my .02c

Since the AT follows a physiographic feature, I believe the trail should
run the entire length from Gaspee' to Northern Alabama.

The goal is not to hike the entire trail but to hike what you set out as
your goal.  If that's Ga----->Maine (Great!), if it's Canada to Alabama
(Great!).  I once tried to ride a bicycle across the US.  Made it from NC
to Colorado....called it quits.  You know, that was good enough for
me....I could live with it.

Sorry to resurrect a thread...but I did enjoy it so much.
Jerry Curry                              17047 Martel Rd.
Research Associate                       Lenoir City, TN
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN                37772
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
                                         (423)988-8677
jwcurry@utkux.utk.edu

Absurd Politician of the Moment:

 In an October interview with the Raleigh (N.C.) News and Observer,
 U.S. Rep. Frederick K. Heineman said his combined congressional
 salary and pension income of $183,000 a year makes him merely
 "lower-middle class."  Said Heineman, "When I see someone
 who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000 a year,
 that's middle class."