Va. Shelters

Greetings,
   I just received my SW Virginia trail guide from the ATC this weekend, and plan to do a hike in March.  Two qusetions...

1.  The map lists a "Proposed Shelter"  a few miles east of Saunders Shelter, but I noticed the print date was 1994.  Is there a shelter there now?

2.  Secondly, I'm considering a circuit hike including parts of the Iron Mt. Trail.  Does anyone know the condition of the shelters along IMT (specifically Sandy Flats).  I hope "old Appalachian trail" doesn't mean it's not kept up.

Any other commments would be great, too!

cyung@ms.uky.edu