Intro & hello

Hi, I'm Marshall DeBerry (Trail name Tarkus);  I've been hiking the AT off
and on since the late '70's.  Last year I hiked from GA-->NJ;  I had planned
to do a thru hike, but I developed some knee problems and my employer wanted me
back at work, so I regretfully got off.  I still plan an finishing the Trail,
with about 800 miles left to do.  I'm a member of the ATC and PATC (Potomac
Appalachian Trail Club), and I try to get away to Shenandoah National Park
as often as I can to hike the AT and other trails.  I'm looking forward to
getting info from this newslist.