[at-l] Pot Cozy Question

Hmmm,   I may have to get one... sometimes I get side tracked and come back and my food is a little cool... I eat it any way... and I like the idea that it makes the pot easier to handle since I eat out of the pot....

amy <askowronek@mindspring.com> wrote:

On Feb 20, 2006, at 12:34 PM, Russ Drake wrote:

> I'm getting ready to go on a 4 day hike in April (hopefully) and
> I am wondering about a pot cozy to add to my kitchen kit. Do they
> really work that well and are they worth the pack space and weight?
>
> My meals are going to be dehydrated for the most part.... I
> usually add the water and let it sit while I get settled in and set
> up my tent and get my gear organized. Then I heat it up and eat
> it... would it be worth getting a pot cozy... What do you all use
> your pot cozy for?

They weigh hardly anything, and they fit around your pot so they
don't take up much pack space.

I cook my food then immediately stash the pot in the cozy. Makes it
safer to handle the pot, plus it keeps my food warm while I eat. I
even made a cup cozy so my tea wouldn't freeze while I eat
breakfast. :) Your food stays warm significantly longer with a
cozy. You can buy them premade or you can get a roll of that silvery
bubble insulation at the hardware store and make your own. I've done
both.

I would never go without a cozy again unless it's so hot I don't want
to cook anyway.

-amy