[at-l] A guessin' game, I guess

Dennis Gass wrote:

> Our zip code here in Marietta GA is 30068 so there are valid zip codes
> with the third digit zero.  My guess on the zip code...whether it
> exists or not...somewhere in VA.  I have a friend that lives in
> Chester VA so other than the main towns that's the only other one I
> know.  My entry is Chester VA.  If I win the contest I will take the
> proceeds and donate half to the ATC and finance my thru hike and son's
> college education with the other half.  Felix, what did you say the
> jackpot was at now?

Well, this is a real wicked pisser. I was really pulling for you since I
fully support what you planned to use the winnings for (though, I'm not
so gung-ho about supporting the ATC anymore.). But, your guess (which
was actually close-ish, in an interstaty sorta way) has been
disqualified because it was sent to the list.  (and, my reason for
sending this to the list is in hope of helping others from making the
same critical mistake)

After much searching (and, sadly it was easier to find this information
on an encyclopedic website than the postal service website) I've found
that there is not a '22006' currently in use. The closest two are
'22003' and '22009'. Since using '22003' would be going back in
time...and, would totally screw up global warming...we shall make the
ZIP we are looking for '22009'.

To add to...yes ADD...to the trail-relateditity of this...the town,
though not near the trail, has the same name as the first word of the
name of a 'town' that IS near the trail...IN THE SAME STATE! .  The
circle is complete...