[at-l] Oatmeal...

LOL.  On my thruhike, I had oatmeal a couple of times in the first week or
so and then decided I got warmer faster by having something quick and hiking
than I did by eating something warm.  While I enjoyed the warm oatmeal, I
got colder doing the prep and cleanup than was worth it.

It surprised me because I had frequently enjoyed oatmeal while backpacking
before hiking the AT.  Since the AT, I haven't carried oatmeal on any
subsequent hikes.

I ended up calling my sister (my support) to have her pull the oatmeal out
of subsequent maildrops.  I never missed it.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor