[at-l] The surprise hiker at the PA Ruck

Looking for clues, with this one, maybe it's not Andrew S.  I don't  think
he'd be "overwhelmed" at an at-l guessing game although he may enjoy  it.  It
has
to be someone we know....  but why would he be a  "surprise" hiker..  doesn't
get out much?

I'm not sure if I know  any highly intellectual, handsome males that are
hikers!  I guess I'll  have to wait ...  : (

Could it be Bill Irwin?  Most people are surprised when they meet  him:  "You
mean you hiked the AT BLIND?

Skylander