[at-l] Re: SORUCK Suggestions

> >1 - What went right with the SoRuck that you would like to see happen
> again?

All suggestions duly noted.  It's still much to early to decide on anything
but I will make a couple comments.

Several people in need asked me where they could camp or crash for the
weekend and I told them.  Most were probably against NOC rules or wishes.  If
someone asks again I'll tell them, but I won't announce it publicly or put it on the
website.

Same goes for a party in cabin C.  As far as I'm concerned, everyone is
welcome and many came on their own free will, but there are others that pay for
their room and share of cabin and it wouldn't be right to publicly announce it.

The vendor area is a sticky situation.  Let's not forget NOC is also a
business and has an outfitter.  I'm not worried about a few tents or tarps on
display but I feel we could quickly wear out our welcome if we put up canopy tents
near dining hall.  I'm also sorry to say the vendors are second to the comfort
of attendees.  With over 100 attendees space is at a premium.  I feel the
common area in cabin D is still the best place.  If we need to make up more signs
to direct people to the vendors we will.  In better weather the deck off
Kleinrath Hall would also be available.

A table may be able to be set up out of the way near the sofas and chairs for
the silent gear auction in Kleinrath Hall.

There will be a fire next year. We already have volunteers to bring woods.

A cabin (or two) will be reserved for those wishing to stay over Sunday
evening.   I also have intentions reserve all the cabins A-E for Friday and
Saturday nights.

As far as the SoRuck outgrowing the NOC we still have a ways to go.  I'm not
worried about it for the time being since I have no intentions of advertising
any further than the backcountry.net list, the Women Hiker list and
Whiteblaze.

I welcome all your suggestions and will continue to try and improve things,
just don't expect drastic changes.  As the saying goes, "if it ain't broke..."

Sly