[at-l] OT: For the "Google Rocks" Crowd

On 1/20/06, Bror8588@aol.com <Bror8588@aol.com> wrote:

>  In a message dated 1/20/2006 8:20:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> gwbrown1@gmail.com writes:
>
> You're exactly the the paranoid Ameican they are depending on as they
> erode
> our civil liberties and reorganize government into hte biggest executive
> power grab in the history of the United States.
>

> Someone said that if "they" are coming after you it is normal to be
> paranoid (or some such statement).  We already have experienced the effect
> of "them" coming after us.

Who, exactly, was "them" in Iraq?

We have heard statements as recently as yesterday that Al Queda (The Base)
> is planning attacks on the USA and "just needs more time to carry out their
> plans."  Al Queda has declared war on the USA and if one cannot find that
> declaration in words we have experienced it in NYC at the Twin Towers on two
> or three occasions (The explosion in 1993, and the two attacks on 9/11).  So
> pardon me if I am "paranoid."

Again, how does invading Iraq and killing another 3000 Americans in the name
of 9/11 make the world a safer place?  It does not.  If you pull you head
out of the sand for five minutes you will see that Saddam was despised by Al
Queda.  Why?  He ran a secular Islamic state.  So this whole "Saddam/Al
Queda" bogus link was pure vapor.

Your paranoia makes you as blind a follower as a fundamentalist bomber.
Think that is too extreme of a comparison?  I don't.  You plod along, fully
aware that the very document that has kept this country together for over
200 years is being torn to shreds by the person you have entrusted to take
care of you.

Bush isn't protecting you.  His policies abroad are creating more
extremists.  And that's the bottom line.

Actually what was said yesterday was an offer of truce from Bin Laden if we
leave Iraq and Afganistan.  Bin Laden also stated that Bush is misleading
Americans about the war, and he is.

In the USA we have elections.  The people can vote in (or out) those
> politicians that they choose to elect (or not, as the case may be).  Of
> course, many choose not to participate in the elections and therefore
> voluntarily give up their rights.  Oh, but they sure don't give up their
> "right" to complain and protest.
>
> "The Government is coming after us" is the mantra of the truly paranoid.
>
> Perhaps a walk in the woods will serve to put things in the proper
> perspective.
>
> Skylander

I voted.  And I wonder when the President of the company that creates
closed-source voting machines in the most pivotal state hosts a fund-raiser
for the President and "guarantees to hand deliver the votes of Ohio to
President Bush", but that's another topic of another time.

Greg