[at-l] Approach Trail to Springer

I asked the same question back when I was hoping to do my own thru in
'06.  From all I've read on the subject and from what I've read on the
list and from the people I have talked with in person I think I can
say that it is considered tradition to start your hike from Amicola
Falls where you can get your pack weighed and (I believe) put your
name down with the park rangers and an official thru-hiker.

Best of luck on your hike!!  I wish I were still going this year but
I'll have to wait until a bit later.

Greg

All winter I pondered the extra 8 miles and considered it