[at-l] Approach Trail to Springer

On Jan 6, 2006, at 12:42 PM, Ms Nira Duvan wrote:

> I'm in the process of planning my 06' thru and was
> wondering about the approach trail to Springer.  I've
> heard you can either hike that, some 8 odd miles, or
> hike in from a road .2 miles to the terminus.  I've
> heard it's tradition to hike the approach trail but am
> looking for some more input/opinion on the subject.

Last year I went up to the parking lot and backtracked to the
terminus.  I met a number of hikers who said if they'd known you
could skip the approach trail, they would have.  It's a rough start
when you're kinda out of shape.

On the other hand, what's eight more miles on top of two thousand plus?

-amy