[at-l] Best time to hike

Quoting "George (Tin Man) Andrews" <tinman@antigravitygear.com>:

> S'pose you could only hike one state's worth of the AT each year, when would
>
> be the best time of the year to hike each state on the AT and why?
> Tin Man

If I had to pick a specific time to hike, and each state would be hiked in that
time, (i.e, you get the same two weeks off from work every year), I'd say the
last two weeks of september or early October. It has cooled down and it isn't
so hot and sticky and buggy. You should be in better fisical condition (working
around the yard in the summer as opposed to putting on your winter fat). Leaves
are changing (in theory...this past fall, they didn't changed 'til WAY late).
And, other things, too.

I'm not sure if you wanted a state-by-state break down. Do you?  If so, I say
do West Virginia on a Wednesday.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98