[at-l] What's an Outsider Anyway?

At 11:38 AM 12/30/2005 -0500, Bror8588@aol.com wrote:
>I think a lot of the "stigma" of being an outsider comes from within a
>person.

I confess that a good deal of it is me because I persist in being me and
not changing my lifestyle to be like them. If fitting in was of supreme
importance to me I could go to the church across the road that teaches
things I don't believe, I  could hang out at the sports bar and talk
baseball/football/whateversportisinseason, I could go huntin' with the
guys, but being accepted isn't that important to me.

The point of my 1st response was that it is a situation that can be found
in lots of places, not just North Georgia. I'm content with the situation
and am happy to be living here even though I am considered an "outsider".
It doesn't bother me, in part because I've been an outsider most of my
life. I was only saying that it's sad that Coosa isn't happy to be where
she is in spite of it.