[at-l] Holiday Eating Plan

 And of course fried  foods, cream sauces, butter, gravy, full-fat cheese or dairy
> products and rich desserts should be cut back or eaten only
> occasionally.

You had me until the gravy part.  Man cannot exist without biscuits and gravy

ClydeFrom icw at esisnet.com  Tue Nov 22 22:28:06 2005
From: icw at esisnet.com (Clark Wright)
Date: Tue Nov 22 22:33:23 2005
Subject: [at-l] Giving Thanks

At this time of year, I like to remind myself of the infinite number of
things I have to be thankful for, including:

1)  Being alive - not just physically, but mentally, emotionally and
spiritually - life is precious, and I thank God for my time on this earth.

2)  Being able to walk, and - despite the temporary aches and pains,
being able to walk a goodly, long way! :)

3)  My family - despite all the ruts we get into with those closest to
us, without them, we would be greatly diminished . . .

4)  All the great folk here in NC who have purchased NC Special AT
license tags - we have now raised over $20,000, with more guaranteed
every three months for as long as (I reckon) NC is a state in the Union
- I know there are many ways to define oneself, but for me this project
is something I hope to recall and smile about right up to the end of my
days - and thanks to all the AT-Lrs, most of whom I have never met in
person, who helped egg me on, who helped spark the idea in the first
place, who gave me a forum in which to direct my energies, who helped
spread the word and get the critical first 300 tags sold, and who have
given me such positive support afterwards, too . . . know this, from all
points of view, we can, and often (sometimes in spite of ourselves) do
very good things, one step at a time . . .

5)  The Trail . . . in all senses of that magical term . . .

6)  For all who serve in the military, who - in perhaps the greatest
lesson of Vietnam, more of us have come to realize that we can always
separate our politics from our support for the men and women who lay it
on the line, no matter where or what for . . . "Thanks for Your Service!"

7)  For all who serve in so many other ways, from the quiet love of a
church adopting a homeless family victimized by Katrina, to those who
serve as police and fire and emergency medical, to the goodly people in
the healing arts - especially all the nurses, nurses aids, candy
stripers, volunteers and hospice care angels - what would we do without
those who find a way to give of themselves???

Anyhow, Thankgiving is on my mind tonight - so thanks to all and to all
a good night! :)

Thru-Thinker
[who left lots of other worthy folk out, but did not mean to!]