[at-l] OT: Environmental associations

I, eArThworm, being of semi-sound mind but retired-and-broke, must make
some drastic budget cuts.  In the past I've tried to give a little to a
whole lot of environmental and trail associations.  I am now forced to
make some hard choices about where to draw the line.  I've already
decided to KEEP all the trail associations, at least for now.  So that
means I have to cut all or most of the environmental groups.
BIG SIGH...  :-(

Those of you who are more in the know than I about how good a job these
groups do could be a big help to me.  Anyone knowlegeable about such
things please email me OFF-LIST (I do NOT want to start an argument
on-list, please) at lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu and give me your opinion on
the following

	Defenders of Wildlife
	Environmental Defense Fund
	Friends of the Earth
	Greenpeace
	National Wildlife Foundation
	Natural Resources Defense Council
	Wilderness Society

as far as which of them gets the most bang-for-the-buck.  I'm already
keeping Sierra Club and Nature Conservancy.  The rest are up for cutting.
If there's one group that's far-and-away the best for the money and it's
NOT listed, please let me know that, too.  Thanks muchly.

	~~ eArThworm