[at-l] Re: Why'd that do that? & other things

I have a new Dell laptop with XP; it doesn't have a number pad.
It  does have a NumLk key.  I tried this using the number keys
with and without the NumLk on.  Neither one worked.  I did put
a shortcut to the special characters program on my desktop.
So now I can swear !&#*% more easily.  :-)

I've been busy, so to catch up, thanks to the Marines on their
birthday and all the service people on Veterans Day.  And thanks
to David A. for the wonderful slide shows.  And I wish I had a
topo program so I could see those !&#*% ridges Felix is
worried about.

The moonlight hike last night was great.  Thirteen people
walked from the campfire site about ? mile to a small lake which
was beautiful in the moonlight.  A huge bat house sits near the
shore.  We all stopped talking for a few minutes and just
listened for night sounds.  Then we walked back and lit the fire
and had s'mores and hot drinks, and I told ghost stories.