[at-l] Veteran'sDay

At 11:03 PM 11/12/2005 -0500, Nightwalker wrote:
>Linda Benschop <athummingbird@dnet.net> wrote:
>:: Exactly!  Thanks, GreyOwl.
>:: Hugs, Hummingbird
>::
>And as I said to Jim Owen earlier...
>
>God bless the Marines for saving so many lives.
>
>Frank Looper USN '79-'82

You know, all this gratitude to those of us who lived through our military
experience, in particular myself, makes me a bit uncomfortable. I can't
speak for others but I just did what I though I should, I did what seemed
like the right thing to do at the time, and that doesn't require gratitude
in my book but in this morning's paper I saw this
<http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/fb/>.

 From that perspective I am more comfortable with it. So on behalf of my
friends, and those I didn't even know, who weren't fortunate enough to live
through it, I/we (and here I expect I can safely include my fellow vets)
humbly accept your thanks. For myself though, it was still no big deal.