[at-l] Appalachian Trail history question

Rock Dancer,
Get the "Member Handbook" from the ATC. It gives the history of the AT. I
have the 13th edition.
304-535-6331
P.O. Box 807 Harper's Ferry, WV 25425-0807
http://www.appalachiantrail.org

Slim aka Nancy

One of my favorite quotes:   "I went to the woods because I wished to live
deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could
not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I had come to die, discover
that I had not lived."
---Henry David Thoreau