[at-l] SORUCK Food-Initial plans

Ok, there have been many good comments and suggestions. And here is where we
are as far as I see it.

Friday Night-Potluck Spaghetti Bread and Salad.
I am not able to get there in time to oversee this. I need a volunteer?
Perhaps Shelly you would like to make this your baby? A volunteer would
basically take this over and make sure that we have food and supplies
arriving--don't forget stuff like plates and utensils. I will look forward
to hearing from someone off-list.

Saturday morning-OBBPAOJB (We have to come up with a catchy name, it needs
work)
I have spoken with OB about this at length to make sure of his comfort level
and what he is providing. OB will be bringing the pancakes and blueberries
and OJ and a meat (either bacon or sausage). Last year he brought sausage,
and someone else brought Bacon. OB will email me when he decides which one
and I will put it to the lists (the List and Women Hikers) to see if someone
would like to donate additional items. I will bring one dozen eggs to either
fry or scramble. Is there a person who would like to donate one additional
dozen? Please email me off-list.

Saturday Lunch-Chili Soup Cook-off and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
This lunch will be a Chili and Soup cook-off. If you have a favorite or a
specialty, please email me off-list if you would like to bring an item.Sly
is down for Chicken Soup and Chili. I didn't get any of that last year, so I
am looking forward to it. I will be making Grilled Cheese sandwiches like I
did last year, and I believe that OB will be cool with us using his griddle
again. Please let me know OB if that is not the case (I am pretty sure it's
ok). In addition...I would like to have a salad and some mac and cheese
available. Also, we need a volunteer for a box of Saltines and a few bags of
chips. If someone would like to volunteer for one or more of those items,
once again email me off-list.

Saturday Night-Meatloaf at the Oasis (Ok, I am stuck in the 70's...if you
remember this...do you have any Geritol I can borrow?)
Saturday night is Meatloaf at the Oasis night. There have been a few women
hikers that have expressed an interest in bringing Meatloaf, and all are
welcome. Please email me off-list if you are bringing Meatloaf.
Here is the basic menu:
Meatloaf (Dawg-Around 8, whatever four packs of hamburger makes)
Mashed Potatoes (I am bringing 20 lbs-Don't laugh, 8 lbs last year was gone
in ten minutes)
Green Beans (Need a volunteer)
Green Peas  (Need a volunteer)
Rolls (Need a volunteer)
Bread (Linda Benschop)
Pasta Dish (Need a volunteer-This needs to be a little more than last year.
We didn't think anyone would eat it---WRONG)
Salad (Regular and/or Pasta-Need a volunteer)
Salad Dressing (Need a volunteer)
Ham-Anklebear
Plates, Paper Towels, Utensils and Cups (Need a volunteer)
Drinks (Need a volunteer)

The theme for dessert Saturday Night is Fruit Pie, Cobbler or Crisp. I am
going to make an Apple Crisp like I did last year, and I am hoping that
there are other ppl out there who are willing to bring a fruit pie, cobbler
or tart or crisp. I have brought this the past two years, and it was gone in
no time flat. So, that is the theme this year for dessert. Is there anyone
that wants to bring one?

I was the one that started this...in answer to the question of the day.
::big smile::   I wanted to sort of put this out there while ppl were still
in a Gathering mood just to gets some thoughts. Holiday season will sneak up
on us, and then it will be only a few weeks to the RUCK so I thought we just
would toss it around

I have also asked someone to be the Coffee Czar. Pray they accept. lol
Details to come.

Looking forward to hearing from volunteers....please please please.
::Big Smile::
Dawg