[at-l] Gathering Locations needed

Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:

> Two years from now the Gathering may not have any place to go.  So if
> you know a school or any other facility that is willing to let groups
> use their classrooms for almost no money, with a  good camping area
> nearby, a room big enough to assemble 400-500 people, that is near the
> AT -- let someone on the Board know.  ALDHA has been talking about
> finding alternate locations for years, but now it is time to get serious.

It might be a time to return to Carlisle, PA the site of the '96
Gathering that inspired my daughter Mitch AT 98 to thruhike.  It was
held at Carlisle High School but Dickinson College is another
possibility.  There is a mid-term break the second week of October.
Carlisle is near the mid point of the trail with the ATC Mid-Atlantic
Regional Office nearby in Boiling Springs.

Here is a journal from the Rag Tag Rangers describing the '96 Gathering

http://www.ragtag.org/logaldh.html

Steve