[at-l] Help me!

In a message dated 10/3/2005 11:39:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nduvan@yahoo.com writes:

I'm new  to the list and I'm looking for some help!
I'm hoping to hike the AT  starting in GA come next
March and would like to have a buddy to do it  with.
However I've had no luck so far recruiting anyone
because all my  friends seem to think work is more
important...

Any suggestions as  to where I can find someone?
Anyone out there looking for a hiking  partner?

Best thing I ever did was to look at _www.trailjournals.com_
(http://www.trailjournals.com)  and _www.whiteblaze.net_ (http://www.whiteblaze.net)  and buy
a copy of The  Thru-Hiker's Handbook (by Dan Bruce).  The Appalachian Long
Distance  Hiker's Association puts out a similar publication called The Companion
and the  Data Book (two books).  They are available from The Appalachian
Trail  Conference.  Maps and other information is available from ATC as  well.

The best thing you could do would be to attend The Gathering in Hanover,  NH,
this coming weekend (Columbus Day Weekend), October 7-9.  If that
information comes to you too late then consider attending one of the RUCKS (stay  on
this site and you will hear about them for sure).

Keep dreaming the dream.

Skylander