[at-l] Stove question

--- Nightwalker <nightwalker.at@gmail.com> wrote:
> but you need to practice a
> little at home first. Some folks will say otherwise,

### Otherwise. But on the other hand, don't take ANY stove -- a
violent, open FLAME, into the woods without using it at home
alittle, first. Get the whole routine down at home; fueling,
lighting, pot stability, stirring-while-heating, dealing with
wind, the whole schmeal. DO NOT go into the woods with a
flammable porto-bomb (as all stoves are) without having a clue
about how it behaves when it's mad. Do that at home. Fuel leaks?
Find out at home. Spillable fuel? Find out at home. Gas stove
priming issues? Get them straightened out AT HOME. How fast will
your fleece sleeves catch on fire? Or that bandanna that's NOT
cotton? Find out at home.

Heh heh hehhh, and just to make him post again, I know
Nightflamer agrees with me. Man. I thought *I* was a cold
weenie.

(Hey, speaking of which, I'm considering giving up my Xmas/NYE
trip to the Whites to whack an ice hammer, to instead heading
down to LA/MS, and whacking a shingle hammer. Anybody else?
Shane, you gonna update us?)

N'ahllllltoe