[at-l] CNN Report AND Other Hiking Suggestions

Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:

>> 8/27: Gov Blanco asks W to declare federal state of emergency for LA
>

> No - Bush did that on his own - and not on the 27th - but on the 26th -
> as I recall, AFTER he called Blanco.

http://www.gov.state.la.us/Press_Release_detail.asp?id=976

"Dear Mr. President:

Under the provisions of Section 501 (a) of the Robert T. Stafford
Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. ?? 5121-5206
(Stafford Act), and implemented by 44 CFR ? 206.35, I request that you
declare an emergency for the State of Louisiana due to Hurricane Katrina
for the time period beginning August 26, 2005, and continuing."

Like I said, there were links to primary sources at
http://tinyurl.com/axv9g

Steve