[at-l] Gas Prices?

Grey Owl wondered how gas prices will affect folks hiking plans. I'm
pondering farther back up the economic food chain. For the last 2-3 decades
the move has been South and West with the Gulf coast and Southern
California being the magnet areas for business and industry. I'm wondering
with the increasing frequency and severity of storms, wild fires, mud
slides, etc. if the trend is going to shift more Northward and inland.