From: at-l-bounces@backcountry.net [mailto:at-l-bounces@backcountry.net] On
Behalf Of Jan Leitschuh
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 1:06 PM
To: AT-List
Subject: [at-l] Our Own RockDancer,

He's been a busy trail angel in the Whites...

 From Cuppa Joe's '05 Trail journal:

  "We hit the parking area where we say a guy sitting in chair next to his car.
He asked if we were thru-hikers and when we responded he offered us some trail
magic. Fresh fruit and vegetables along with a soda. Great breakfast! His name
was Rock Dancer and he had hiked in '97. I laughed and told him I was packing
some info from him about NH.
He laughed and said he was glad to hear it was still out there.

While we were talking it started a slow drizzle but not enough to make you want
to run for cover. Rock Dancer offered to run us into town for supplies once the
rest of the crew showed up. They did roll in around 11:00. By then it was
starting to rain a little more and we all decided that we weren't going to push
any further today. Rock Dancer showed us a great little stealth site where we
quickly pitched our tents.

He then took us to the general store where we picked up a few supplies. Note to
future thru-hikers; double your grocery budget for the north! You will need it!
He brought us back and we all piled into Gypsy and Touk's tent. Not all of us
sat in the tent but they have an awning that kept us dry. Rock Dancer stayed and
talked awhile longer but then it was time for him to go. He still had a long
drive to make before he got home. Thnaks for everything Rock Dancer! Much
appreciated!"

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=114936
--
     	AT Journal: