[at-l] troll ?

At 02:11 PM 8/27/2005 -0400, Chainsaw wrote:

>IMHO, if one feels as strongly about nudity as the writer appears to feel and
>if one wants to test normal social boundaries and rules of etiquette on the
>matter of nudity, one should walk down main street nude -- not slink off into
>the woods to do it out of sight and then condemn the few folk one happens to
>meet when the people they meet react to breaches of normal social boundaries
>and rules of etiquette.

Should "main street morality" get to call the
shots on the trail?  Hmm. Good question.

There's no doubt that in *practical* terms,
nudity (whole or partial) has certain advantages
in the woods.  Underwear is optional in summer.
There's not much fabric covering my body, when
it's hot.   Little kids go naked at the beach.

I've dealt with naked hikers and wondered if
I really had a right to be irked by it, or if it
was a cool thing to do.  It does kinda seem
"in your face."  I wasn't much offended, but
I can guess that others would be.

rafe b
aka terrapin