[at-l] Section Hike Logistics

At 11:01 PM 8/25/2005 -0400, Sly wrote:

>That's assuming each day's hike is a day apart.  I like the idea, but would
>stretch each section out spending more time and nights in the woods than
>money
>on motels.

This gets to the whole idea of slackpacking
and vehicle-supported hikes -- ie., some folks
are just interested in the daily walking, and
not necessarily the camping/shelter scene,
or walking with heavy packs.

Me, I love being in the woods and being
prepared to stay for few nights.  I enjoy
evenings at shelters with good company.

Odds are the 3rd or 4th night won't be as
comfortable as the first, but that's a pattern
I've gotten used to.

After 3 or 4 nights in the woods, the call of a
shower and real food is usually too strong to
resist.

rafe b
aka terrapin