[at-l] transmission shops WAS: By unpopular non-demand

Ah, transmission shops and vacations.  My wife,
daughters and I have not so fond memories of two days
spent in a dive motel with an unheated pool alongside
Lenoir City Tennessee when the tranny packed up on our
S10 Blazer on the way back from a Florida spring
vacation in the 80s.

The good:  At least it was on the way home from
vacation and not the way to.  Otherwise we never would
have afforded the vacation.

The bad:  Spent two days eating at KFC since it was
the only place within walking distance.  Haven't had
the desire to go to KFC much since.

The point:  Nope, none that I can think of.

Kent Gardam

--- Felix <AThiker@smithville.net> wrote:

> Since nobody asked for it, here is a trip report for
> my recent 'scurion
> to DamascAsheville:
>
> > We decided to go uptown and walk around. On the
way,