[at-l] re:Hiking the Appalachian Trail

I forgot to mention on the list, I just purchased this
set for $30 here in Boulder. Very good condition.

Been wanting this set for a while. So happy to have
it, and it adds a nice touch to my "hiking book wing"
of my personal library (ok..so it is two shelves..but
still. :D)

I've only skimmed it so far, but one thing I noticed
was the base packweight of someone who did the AT in
100 days back in the late 60s.

The base pack weight? 15 lbs! With so-called
"primitive" gear.  Makes the marketing campaign of
many companies seem kind of laughable. :)

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com