[at-l] Pack Liners

Although it never fits right I use a plastic trash compactor bag to line my backpack. I use it to keep my gear dry and to cover my pack at night.
I was wondering if other hikers line their backpacks.
Why do you line your pack?
What kind of bag do you use?
They say the newer backpacks use waterproof fabrics making the trash bag liner unecessary.
I know you guys and gals will know.
Thanks

All who wander are not lost
Any day's a good day to hike,
SLIM aka Nancy

"I do not ask to walk smooth paths, nor bear an easy load,
I pray for strength and fortitude to climb the rock-strewn road.
Give me such courage, I can scale the hardest peaks alone,
And transform every stumbling block into a stepping stone."
---Gail Brook Burket