[at-l] Knowing that it's there..

>> While Baxter didn't purchase the land around Mt. Katahdin until 1930, he
>> became involved in politics in 1905.  He was a very strong
conservationist
>> even then, and was also concerned with taking care of the poor and
animals.
>> He was a leader in all these areas.
>
>            Some people are so interested in denying the ethic that they
don't
> even realize they just wrote 'Regional Planning' was written in 1921 and
> Baxter bought the first land for Baxter Park in 1930. The Park happens to
be the
> terminus of MacKaye's trail. (Let's discredit MacKaye as much as possible)

I wasn't 'denying the ethic', I was answering your question as to who
inspired Baxter.  It wasn't MacKaye.  Baxter was a well known
conservationist in his own right, and I don't see why you feel the need to
discredit HIM!  The park is the terminus of the AT, but MacKaye had no hand
in making that decision.

Shane