[at-l] Another Lewis and Clark related quote

File this in the more things change..the more they
stay the same. From the journal of Merriwether Lewis:

"I now laid myself down on some will boughs to a
comfortable nights rest, and felt indeed as if I was
fully repaid for the toil and pain of the day, so much
will a good shelter, a dry bed and a comfortable
supper revive the spirits of the waryed, wet and
hungry traveler."

They ate buffalo, elk and salmon instead of Snickers,
mac n' cheese and gorp..but the sentiments are the
same for today's thru-hikers.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com