[at-l] RnR's *worthwhile* cell phone questions

At 04:05 PM 8/5/2005 -0700, Rober wrote:

>How is it not your experience? I'm not saying that there aren't other
>factors that make you more or less removed than someone else. However, a
>cell phone as a starting point, you cannot argue that the man with a cell
>is more removed than the man without a cell. By definition, one is able to
>contact people and is less removed, the other is not and as such is more
>removed. Don't be contrary for the sake of being contrary. Explain how it
>is your experience. An example would help.

Your arguments based on what might or might not be
going through my head are equally useless, IMO.

Cuz frankly, in terms of what's going on in my head,
the phone is no more significant than any other fact
or stimulus.  I'm far more likely to be affected by the
scenery, the terrain, the weather, my state of hunger,
hydration, digestion, how well I slept the night before
-- etc etc.

rafe b
aka terrapin