[at-l] Appalachian Trail success!

Dear Friends,

I am writing to share the proud news that I summited Mount Katahdin on
July 27th, completing my thru-hike (end-to-end walk) of the 2,175-mile
Appalachian Trail. As many of you know, I started my hike on April 3rd
after thru-hiking the Florida Trail. I walked northbound, starting at
the southern terminus: Springer Mountain in Georgia. It took me 3
months and 24 days in total, with 17 zero days (rest days).

Thank you all so very much for your support, nurturing, and love. All
of you helped me along the way and for that I am extremely grateful.
My hike was the adventure of a lifetime, a trip that I will reflect on
as an older man with pride and joy. The probability low and the
challenge great, I was never sure I would actually complete the
journey until I actually arrived at the summit of Katahdin and touched
the famous sign marking the finish. My hike was one of the most
challenging feats in my entire life - physically, mentally, and
spiritually.

After hiking a total of more than 3,200 miles since January I said
"enough!" at the summit of Katahdin. I got what I came for and I have
grown a great deal on the trail. I am satisfied, joyful, proud of
myself, grateful for the opportunity and to all of you, and absolutely
exhausted.

I have been keeping an online journal throughout the course of my
thru-hikes of the Appalachian and Florida Trails. My summit picture is
up and new pictures of the final section of my AT hike will be added
shortly. If you'd like to read about my walk or see some pictures,
visit the sites below. Blessings.

AT: www.trailjournals.com/wanderingbull
FT: www.trailjournals.com/djessop

Thank you all.

The Wandering Bull
David Jessop

Appalachian Trail (GA->ME) April 3 - July 27 2005
Florida Trail January 9 - March 29 2005